RS Class Association Announce new round of coaching grants
The RS Class Association has encouraged clubs to run training and coaching by awarding coaching grants since 2018. 31 grants have been approved to date in 2022/23.
Following the completion of another successful racing season, a new round of funding has been released.
Club and RS Class Association committee members across the UK are invited to bid for grants of £150 towards the cost of a coach, RIB, fuel or other expenses. Once approved the club or Class Association committee member would organise the training day/weekend.
There are some conditions:
- We are able to award £150 per grant towards the cost of a coach, RIB, fuel or other costs.
- Costs above £150 would need to be recouped from a charge to the sailors or met by the host club.
- The group should be a minimum of 5 boats and the day open to sailors from other local clubs - we will post the coaching day on our RS Class Association website calendar.
- Entries can be taken by the club, or via the Class association website
- At least one participant per boat needs to be a member of the RS Class Association or take out one-event membership (which can be upgraded to annual membership during 2024 if required by paying the difference).
- Once the event has run, we ask that the organiser please send a few photos, a brief report (only needs to be a few lines) and an invoice for the £150 to [email protected]
The RS Class Association will review applications to ensure that funding is spread fairly across the classes and regions, so please bear with us if it takes us a while to get back to you.
To apply please contact [email protected]